ULTRADENT Gemini Laser is a unique dual-wavelength technology that combines the optimal melanin absorption of an 810-nanometer wavelength laser with the optimal water absorption of a 980-nanometer wavelength laser.
As a dentist, I can tell you that the ULTRADENT Gemini Laser is a state-of-the-art dental laser that is commonly used for a wide range of dental procedures. This laser is designed to be highly versatile, allowing dentists to use it for a variety of soft tissue applications, such as gum contouring, periodontal treatment, and gingivectomy.
ULTRADENT Gemini Laser 810 + 980 is also the most powerful dual-wavelength soft tissue diode laser. The laser features 20 watts of peak super-pulsed power, which means faster, smoother cutting with less tissue tagging.
The ULTRADENT Gemini Laser uses a high-powered, dual-wavelength technology to penetrate soft tissue precisely and accurately. It can effectively remove tissue while minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissue, resulting in a quicker and less painful recovery for patients. The laser’s unique design also allows for better control and improved patient comfort during the procedure.
One of the key benefits of using the ULTRADENT Gemini Laser is its ability to promote better healing after a procedure. The laser’s energy helps to stimulate the body’s natural healing processes and reduce inflammation, resulting in faster and more complete healing.
No matter the procedure, the innovative Gemini laser makes it faster, smoother, and more efficient.
- 20 watts of peak super-pulsed power means faster, smoother cutting
- Sleek, innovative design features a stunning transparent electroluminescent display
- Simple user interface and 19 preset procedures enhance ease of use
- Bluetooth foot pedal allows for wireless control
- Autoclavable handpiece makes sterilization simple
- Single-use bendable tips are pre-initiated for reduced prep time
- Tip illumination provides better visibility at the surgical site
- Covered with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Gemini PBM Adapter
The Gemini PBM Adapter Kit allows clinicians to offer pain management therapy through photobiomodulation (PBM) during a laser procedure. Light energy is absorbed at a cellular level, improving circulation, oxygenation, and
Simmons maintains that Gemini’s dual wavelengths—810 nm for maximum melanin absorption and 980 nm for optimal water absorption offer three different modes. “The two different wavelengths can be fired individually at 10-watt peak power or stacked and fired at 20-watt peak power.” He stresses that Gemini uses the highest peak power of any diode because it only fires in a pulsed mode, not continuous, giving tissue a chance to cool between pulses.
Indications for Use
The Gemini diode laser is a dual-wavelength soft tissue diode laser that can be used intraorally for frenectomies, gingivectomies, and other soft tissue procedures.
The following is a list of FDA-cleared indications for the use of diode soft tissue lasers:
- Excisional and incisional biopsies
- Exposure of unerupted teeth
- Gingival troughing for crown impression
- Gingival incision and excision
- Hemostasis and coagulation
- Implant recovery
- Abscess incision and drainage
- Laser removal of diseased, infected, inflamed, and necrosed soft tissue within the periodontal pocket
- Laser soft tissue curettage
- Oral papillectomies
- Pulpotomy as an adjunct to root canal therapy
- Reduction of gingival hypertrophy
- Soft tissue crown lengthening
- Sulcular debridement (removal of diseased, infected, inflamed, and necrosed soft tissue in the periodontal pocket to improve clinical indices including gingival index, gingival bleeding index, probe depth, attachment loss, and tooth mobility)
- Treatment of canker sores, herpetic, and aphthous ulcers of the oral mucosa
Benefits of the ULTRADENT Gemini Laser
Because of the specifications of the ULTRADENT Gemini Laser manufactured by Ultradent, dentists can perform laser dentistry procedures faster, more efficiently, and more precisely. This laser is one of the most powerful diode lasers available in the country.
There are countless reasons that we opt for lasers for our patients over more traditional methods, including:
- Faster procedures, meaning that you can get on with your life as quickly as possible
- Minimized discomfort and bleeding due to the laser instantly cauterizing the tissue as it works
- Accelerating healing time and decreased risk of infection due to cauterizing the wound rather than suturing
- Increased precision resulted in a far more accurate procedure
- Decreased need for anesthesia
Gemini Laser Technical Specifications:
- Size: 17.2 x 17 x 25.7 cm
- Weight: 1 kg
- Laser type: Class IV
- Power of the aiming beam: 5 mW
- Pulse rate: 50 Hz
- Battery. 11.1 V rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Wireless frequency: Bluetooth at 2.4 GH
- PBM Adapter
- Software update
- Single-use spacer tips (2)
- Handpiece holder clip
- Cleaning cloth
- User manual
- 1 power supply
- 1 wireless foot pedal
- 1 handpiece with light
- 10 tips 5 mm activated
- 3 safety goggles
In conclusion, the ULTRADENT Gemini Laser is an excellent tool for dentists who want to provide their patients with the best possible care. Its versatility, precision, and ability to promote better healing make it an excellent choice for various dental procedures.
There are no reviews yet.