Biolase iLase personal Dental Diode Laser comprises a single, independent handpiece with a wraparound finger switch and no external connections. The iLase delivers 5 Watts of peak laser power and up to 3 Watts of continuous laser power, all without cords, outlets, or foot pedals.
Biolase iLase is the first dental laser that does not using a footswitch—it’s activated only by the finger switch. “You don’t have a foot pedal to look for as you get to different parts of the mouth. You point and shoot,” says David Eshom, DDS.
Mulder says, “Now, with the iLase, we have the best entry-level personal laser for hygienists and dentists for all soft tissue.”
The iLase offers preset values, which are preprogrammed for the dentist to select easily. Thomas Rolfes, DDS, says, “We use it for multiple procedures. And if we can change a setting and go right to that second procedure, that helps our patients.” In addition, the iLase is user-friendly—most operators become comfortable with it quickly. Eshom agrees: “It’s so easy—a new hygienist can pick this up and get to work in a short time.”
The iLase includes a proprietary pulse emission modality called ComfortPulse™. With this feature, the clinician can create very short pulses with high peak power, producing minimal trauma while cutting soft tissue. Rolfes says, “The ComfortPulse specifically helps minimize thermal damage, increasing healing and patient comfort.”
Biolase iLase is The First Personal Laser that Packs Power and Portability into a Tiny Design.
With no foot pedal, power cord, or external controls, the iLase™ takes dental lasers beyond portable and should be the next instrument for your tray. The iLase is the laser for every dentist and every hygienist (where permitted) every day. Uses BIOLASE’s patented line of non-initiated and pre-initiated tips for fast clinical results. Available in various kit configurations for dentists, hygienists, and specialists, you can find the right iLase package for your practice.
The First Personal Laser
iLase features all the power and control of a diode laser – in the palm of your hand. Avoid getting tangled in cords and wires with the single, self-contained handpiece. Increase your productivity with a truly personal, unrestricted, ergonomic, balanced laser experience, reducing overall hand fatigue for clinicians.
Versatility at the Touch of a Finger
With the ability to engage the finger switch from different positions, the iLase allows maximum comfort and working efficiency, whether performing procedures in the anterior or posterior of the mouth. Plus, iLase’s smart controls prevent inadvertent switching to Standby or Ready Mode.
The iLase amazes me because so much convenience is packed into a small, portable device. Surgical tips are disposable for easy setup and teardown. And with new pre-initiated tips available, iLase can be even more efficient in your operatory.
Power That Lasts
The iLase delivers power when you need it most – at the time of treatment. Whether the procedure is short or long, iLase has the battery life to meet your needs with up to 5 Watts of peak power for even the most challenging soft-tissue cases. Additional batteries are available for even longer uptime.
Affordable for All
The iLase was designed to be affordable so that each dentist and hygienist can work with his or her own laser. With affordable starter kits and even more affordable accessories, iLase is the truly affordable personal laser.
Key Features of Soft Tissue Laser in Dentistry:
- Finger switch laser actuation makes it easy to use the device for the dentist.
- Factory-loaded pre-set, most commonly used soft tissue surgical procedures to increase the dentist’s comfort.
- Battery operated makes it a portable device.
- 940nm superior diode wavelength for faster and precise cutting along with better coagulation.
- Comfort Pulse is a distinctive feature that enhances patient comfort as it prevents overtemperature of surrounding tissues and reduces the risk of “Tissue Charring.”
- User-friendly display for clear visibility of the procedures.
- Bendable, disposable tips with multiple diameters and lengths allow ease of use.
Uses of iLase Dental Soft Tissue Laser:
- Excisional & Incisional Biopsies
- Exposure of unerupted tooth
- Frenectomy or frenotomy
- Gingivectomy and gingivoplasty
- Incision and drainage of abscess
- Periodontal procedures, e.g., curettage, necrosed or inflamed tissue removal from the periodontal pocket, sulcular debridement, etc.
- Soft tissue crown lengthening
- Tissue retraction for impression
- Laser Classifications: Class IV
- Medium: AlGaInAs semiconductor diode
- Wavelength: 940 ± 10nm
- Max Power Output: 0-3.0W max CW/ 0-5.0 Peak Power
- Power Accuracy: ± 20%
- Power Modes: Continuous, Pulse Modulation
- Fiber Tips Diameter: 200µm, 300 µm, 400µm
- Pulse duration: 0.1 ms – 1 ms
- Pulse Interval: 0.2 ms – 1 ms
- Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance: 2.61 meters
Operational Instructions Of Biolase Soft Tissue Laser:
Turn on the iLase by installing the battery. The iLase Welcome Screen is displayed. When PLEASE ENTER KEY appears, a progression bar is shown for 3 seconds. Triple-click the selector switch (rapidly press three times) to advance to the next screen, Procedures Menu.
The SELECT PROCEDURE screen will appear once the key is entered correctly. When you have selected a procedure by pressing the selector switch, the Tip Initiation screen will appear. After two seconds, the system will enter Ready mode, and the laser will be ready for firing by pressing on the rubber grip to initiate the tip. After completing the tip initiation, press down the selector switch to start the procedure using the selected pre-sets.
- Biolase iLase Dental Soft Tissue Laser Complete w/ Tips & 2 Batteries UNUSED!!
- iLase Waterlase Charging station with 3 batteries and power cord
- Biolase Battery Charger for Biolase iLase Battery
- 1 iLase Handpiece
- 1 iLase Handpiece Carrying Case
- 2 Autoclavable Cover for Handpiece
- 3 Cover Grips
- 1 Charging Station for up to 4 Batteries
- 1 Laser Safety Glasses (clinician)
- 2 Laser Safety Glasses (patient)
- 1 box Single-use, Bendable ezTips
- 1 Tip Initiation Kit
- 1 User Manual
- 1 Training DVD
- iLase Waterlase Charging station with three batteries and power cord